Hi, my name is Debbie,
and I am the Editor of The Pompey Mag. I came to Pompey as a teenager, and lived, studied at Portsmouth Uni, and worked in the city for many years. Family and friends have always lived in the area, and having noticed that, bizarrely, the northern half of the city (proper Pompey!) lacked a Community Magazine, I thought it was about time it had one.
Rather than sit back and moan, I decided to create my own! I hope that the people of Portsea Island enjoy reading it as much as I have done bringing it into the world, and I also sincerely hope and expect that local businesses, tradespeople and organisations will support the magazine and that in turn, we reciprocate to them as much as we possibly can. Without them this magazine would not exist, so please, Shop Local and keep Pompey money in Pompey, whenever you can.
Let’s stay Pompey Proud!
About the Team
I can’t possibly do everything myself - I am so lucky to have the support of a team of regular writers and guest contributors, and our wonderful, happy band of distributors, who pound the streets all year round to ensure that you receive your copy of Pompey Mag. To all of you reading this, thank you for your support, along with our fantastic sponsors, you all make the magic happen every month! I really couldn’t do it without you.
Debbie Cutler, Client Account Manager
Richard Search, Correspondant
Paul Smith, Distribution
Jill Butler, Distribution
Teresa Alan, Distribution
Nicky Chids, Columnist
Our environmental and sustainability policy
We take caring for the environment and acting sustainably very seriously and will always strive to reduce waste and eliminate plastic as much as possible. That is why we chose to partner with a local Printing firm Holbrooks Printers, who take these principles to heart. Our magazine is printed on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) approved paper, which means that it is made from sustainably sourced wood pulp. We do not apply any plastic coatings to our magazines which makes them 100% recyclable.
We hope that local businesses will see us as a viable alternative from leaflet drops, which can be wasteful, sometimes lead to littering and are not especially welcomed by householders.
Holbrooks Printers themselves have a very comprehensive and impressive commitment to environmental issues and recycle all of their waste products. For more information on Holbrooks Printers environmental policy click the link to their website below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Advertising)
1. Advertisements accepted by The Pompey Mag in all cases are assumed to be copyright free including images, photos, logos, clipart or any other content. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to ensure that any necessary permissions are obtained for the use of any images, photos, logos, clipart or any other content that is to be use in the advertisement, advertorial, or editorial.
2. All images, files, photos, and logos supplied are required to be a minimum resolution of 300dpi. The Pompey Mag can take no responsibility for the quality of print of any such images, photos or logos, which are supplied at less than 300dpi.
3. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to check any and all proofs provided to ensure that they are correct. The Pompey Mag, can not accept any responsibility for any omissions or errors found following approval of the copy material.
4. All advertisements provided in PDF, JPEG or any other format will be placed in The Pompey Mag as provided and will be assumed not to require any further copy approval. We sometimes have to resize your files or images to fit the space available in the magazine.
5. The Pompey Mag may, at our discretion, edit or refuse advertisements and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you confirm our right to do so.
6. There is no right to any refund in the event that an advertiser wishes to cancel any advertisement or series thereof after confirming the order, whether made by telephone call, SMS, email, or letter.
7. Any cancellation must be received by The Pompey Mag via email, SMS or in writing, at least 3 days prior to the magazine going to print.
8. The settlement of all invoices related to advertising is required prior to The Pompey Mag going to print or within 7 days of the date of the invoice, whichever is the sooner. Invoices for any other services must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice. In all cases, there is no entitlement to with hold payment or make any deduction without the written consent of The Pompey Mag.
9. Without prejudice, to any other rights of The Pompey Mag. In the event that a user of services provided fails to pay the full value of any invoice by the due date, then any discount provided within that invoice will be cancelled and a new invoice will be issued for the additional amount and interest shall be payable on any overdue sum from the due date of the invoice to the payment date calculated daily at a rate of 5% over the current UK base rate applicable, and shall reimburse any and all additional costs and expenses to The Pompey Mag (including but not limited to legal costs) relating to the collection of any outstanding amounts.
10. Where The Pompey Mag has created any advertisement, logo, image, photo, video, article, editorial or any other copy (including on social media) this can not be used in any other media or publication with prior written approval of The Pompey Mag. A fee may be payable to The Pompey Mag for any reproduction or reuse of any such material in this manner. However, this does not apply if you have commissioned The Pompey Mag design team to create artwork on your behalf and you have been given the full copyright on that work.